Britt K. Latham
Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
150 Third Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37201
Tel: (615) 742-7762
Until February 2016, Britt Latham served as the chair of the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group, and he currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s Securities & Shareholder Litigation Practice Group. Britt has been involved in numerous high profile cases, including notably the successful representation of a public company involving the breach of a $1.5 billion merger agreement, and in significant federal securities, ERISA, and derivative multi-district litigation related to an investment fund loss in the wake of the financial crisis.
Britt represents public companies, their directors and senior management in complex securities class actions, merger class actions, other types of business disputes, and investigations before the Securities & Exchange Commission and other federal agencies. He has protected the interests of clients in more than 50 class actions in various states, with billions in potential exposure.
More specifically, Britt’s practice encompasses:
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation – Representing corporate defendants in securities and business-related litigation, including class actions, shareholder disputes and derivative actions in state and federal court, in mediation and in pre-litigation work-outs.
- Compliance & Government Investigations – Conducting internal investigations for public and private companies; representing companies under civil or administrative investigation from various federal agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Office of the Inspector General and the Department of Justice.
- Healthcare Litigation – Representing hospitals and health systems and other healthcare-related entities in litigation and in connection with internal investigations and responding to government inquiries.
Prior to joining Bass, Berry & Sims, Britt practiced for 10 years with an international law firm in Dallas, Texas.
- Chambers USA — Litigation: General Commercial (2016-2023)
- Best Lawyers® — Nashville Litigation: Securities “Lawyer of the Year” (2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America© — Commercial Litigation; Litigation: Securities (2013-2023)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers (2014-2022)
- Benchmark Litigation — Local Litigation Star: Tennessee (2019-2023); Future Star: Tennessee (2010-2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell — AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
While our practice offerings are diverse and our experience runs deep and wide, Bass, Berry & Sims stands united around a client-centered commitment. Every client team is skillfully assembled to provide tailored legal knowledge and solutions to companies, management, boards of directors and individuals.
Our counsel is informed by collective experience and optimized with an integrated approach. And we aim to deliver perspective, sound judgment, efficiency and responsiveness to every matter.
Dedicated to superior client service, the firm is recognized for providing unsurpassed legal representation, counseling, guidance and support for its clients throughout the country. The firm’s affiliation with four legal networks includes the distinction of being a founding member of both Lex Mundi and SCG Legal, as well as a member of the Network of Trial Law Firms.
Bass, Berry & Sims strives to deliver on a promise to represent our clients’ interests with a keen focus on their unique goals – to deliver sophisticated work. Value. Results.
“Britt Latham is recognized by interviewees for his deep expertise in securities and shareholder litigation. He also comes highly recommended for his representation of clients facing big-ticket class actions and SEC enforcement proceedings. He operates from Nashville.”