Christopher R. Pettit
Luper Neidenthal & Logan
Grandview Corporate Center
1160 Dublin Road, Suite 400
Columbus, OH 43215
I have represented business owners and professionals in court or in arbitration in a variety of industries, including architecture and engineering, health care, insurance, securities and financial planning. Whether it is in the boardroom or the courtroom, I have the experience and knowledge to help your business succeed.
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Ohio University, M.A., 1992
- Ohio University, B.S.E.D., cum laude, 1989
- State of Ohio (1998)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio (1999)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio (2007)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio (2009)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio (2009)
- United States Court of Claims (1999)
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (2006)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Business Litigation (2013, 2015)
- Ohio Super Laywers, Top 50 Lalwyers in Columbus (2014, 2016-2021)
- Columbus CEO Magazine, Top 50 Lawyers in Columbus (2015)
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Commercial Litigation (2012)
- Obtained a preliminary injunction in favor of a central Ohio insurance agency and against an insurance agent who was violating non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of an industrial gas company in Columbus, Ohio against a terminated employee who claimed that he was subject to worker’s compensation discrimination and retaliatory discharge.
- Defended a physician on claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract stemming from the opening of a medical clinic in Ironton, Ohio.
- Successfully defended an architecture firm against FHA claims for inaccessible design and construction of a multi-family housing development in Warren County, Ohio.
- Arbitrated fraud claims through FINRA against a securities firm for multiple thefts committed by one of its registered representatives.
- Obtained a verdict at trial on behalf of a licensee for breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation claims against a furniture distributor and wholesaler.
- Successfully defended a civil engineering firm against ADA/FHA claims for inaccessible design and construction of common areas at a condominium development in Fairfield County, Ohio.
- Obtained a verdict at trial on behalf of a medical services and billing company that was being accused of fraud and conversion.
- Act as collection counsel for several architecture and design firms.
- Negotiated a franchise agreement on behalf of a franchisee who purchased a graphics and printing company in Dublin, Ohio.
- Assisted a client in negotiating a settlement in a dispute among the shareholders of a closely held software development corporation relating to the buy-out of shares of two minority owners.
- Litigated a breach of contract case on behalf of a press and equipment manufacturer against the purchaser of a tire-shredder in Livingston, New Jersey.
- Litigated breach of fiduciary duty claims under ERISA on behalf of the Employee Stock Ownership Plan of a large concrete casting and construction company in Southwest Ohio.
- Defended an attorney in Dallas, Texas against claims of fraud, negligence and unjust enrichment relating to the attorney’s representation in a tax resolution and debt consolidation matter.
- Assisted numerous clients in the formation of Limited Liability Companies and Subchapter S Corporations in the software development, property development, rental and property management industries.
- Litigated a products liability case against a press manufacturer in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Luper Neidenthal & Logan is a mid-sized law firm serving Columbus and central Ohio. Since 1968, we have made it a priority to enlist exceptional attorneys. Each attorney in our firm concentrates on specific areas of civil law. Our law firm’s goal is to be large enough and diverse enough to handle all aspects of your situation, yet also small enough to give you the personal attention you deserve.
The diverse fields in which our firm’s clients are involved include banking, construction, education, personal injury, insurance and real estate. With sophisticated litigation, bankruptcy, business, commercial and collection law practice groups, the firm is well positioned to optimize the opportunities and to manage the challenges facing our clients today and tomorrow. Our staff of attorneys offers innovative and cost effective counsel that enables a wide variety of clients to make better informed personal and professional decisions, with the personal commitment to seeing our clients continue to succeed in the future.