Holland & Hart LLP
222 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Chris Hogle helps clients win trade secret, real estate, energy, and other business disputes.
With over 20 years of litigation experience, Chris has successfully handled a broad range of cases, including public procurement litigation, breach of contract cases, title disputes, land use conflicts, and fiduciary duty claims, among others. He also defends clients in cases involving natural resources and general litigation.
Over the past 20 years, Chris has achieved optimal outcomes for his clients through jury and bench trials, settlement negotiations, and pretrial development of cases. He is regularly recognized for his skills in peer-review publications.
Chris works closely with his clients to grasp their needs and goals, provide clear strategic choices, and effectively and efficiently execute approved strategies to achieve successful results.
Chris clerked for the Honorable Leonard H. Russon on the Utah Supreme Court (1995-1996).
Rankings & Recognition:
- Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial, 2014-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation, 2013-2023
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2008, 2010
- Utah Business Magazine, Utah Legal Elite, Civil Litigation
- Chris has unique experience in government procurement protest litigation with multiple agencies, such as the Utah Division of Purchasing and General Services, the Utah State Procurement Policy Board and the Utah Communications Authority, local agencies, such as Salt Lake County, and Utah courts at every judicial level. Collaborating with Holland & Hart’s Government Affairs group, Chris has successfully navigated procurement codes and administrative protest and judicial procedures to secure winning outcomes for vendor clients.
- Represented seller of waste coal-fired power plant in Carbon County, Utah in a representation and warranty dispute with the buyer, a large, mid-west electric utility.
- Represented electric utility in a large, long-term coal contract dispute.
- Represented pipeline manufacturer in a multi-million dollar breach of warranty dispute with owner of pipeline project and commercial general liability insurers.
- Represented operator of tar sands mine against an environmental advocacy group before the Utah Division of Environmental Quality in a matter involving ground water quality issues.
- Represented governments, developers and citizen groups in disputes over developments and development agreements between developers and cities and counties.
- Represented industrial and municipal clients in condemnation matters involving pipelines, flood control, and other underground utility facilities.
- Represented utilities in disputes over easements for underground utility facilities.
- Represented public and private landowners, lenders, buyers, sellers and lien claimants in cases involving quiet title, mortgage and lien foreclosure, title insurance and title insurer liability.
- Represented lessors in commercial and luxury residential landlord/tenant disputes.
- Represented railroad companies and other landowners in personal injury cases involving claims of landowner liability.
- University of Utah College of Law
- J.D., 1995
- Order of the Coif
- Utah Law Review, 1993-1994
- University of Auburn
- B.A., 1991
- cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
“Christopher Hogle has a diverse civil litigation practice with extensive experience handling pretrial and trial proceedings. He is particularly adept at complex contractual disputes, as well as administrative hearings, and he offers notable strength in matters involving environmental law.”