J. Derrick Teague
Jennings Teague, P.C.
204 N. Robinson
Oklahoma City, Ok 73102
Tel: (405) 609-6000
In his practice, Derrick represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters, including the defense of vehicle manufacturers and manufacturers of industrial and consumer products. Derrick has represented several companies in asbestos litigation, numerous trucking companies, and a variety of national retailers and restaurants.
In addition, Derrick has an extensive insurance defense practice, where he has successfully defended cases involving insurance bad faith and personal injury.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, J.D. 1993
- Oklahoma State University, B.S. in Accounting 1990
- State Bar of Oklahoma – 1993
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U. S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
Honors & Recognition:
- American College of Trial Lawyers – Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Product Liability Advisory Council – Fellow
- DRI – Member
- AV Preeminent, Judicial Edition, rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers
The law firm of Jennings Teague represents domestic and international manufacturers and insurers in product liability litigation, negligence and other general liability litigation, transportation cases, insurance matters including bad faith claims, employment law, commercial litigation and provides defense for local and national fraternal organizations.
Jennings Teague lawyers focus on high-stakes, complex litigation, efficiently and capably handling cases in district and appellate courts. The firm is dedicated to personal and professional service to its clients by providing aggressive claim investigation, thorough case preparation, excellence in oral and written advocacy and persuasive trial presentation. Jennings Teague attorneys serve their local, national and international clients in the state of Oklahoma and in courts throughout the United States.
Attorneys at Jennings Teague are committed to providing cutting-edge legal counsel and regularly participate in local and national seminars on product liability, transportation, warranty, insurance and other general tort concepts. The firm leverages relationships with nationally recognized trial lawyers and renowned expert witnesses to provide effective legal representation that is second to none.
With over eighty years of combined experience, the attorneys at Jennings Teague provide skilled and experienced representation of manufacturers, insureds, commercial businesses and fraternal organizations in myriad areas of litigation. These areas of practices include, but are not limited to:
- Product Liability – defense of manufacturers of motor vehicles and their component suppliers, industrial equipment, trucks, farm machinery, consumer products and more.
- Transportation Litigation – defending drivers, companies and insurers.
- Insurance – defense of insurers and their insured in all tort claims.
- Bad Faith Defense – defending insurers against dangerous claims of bad faith.
- Business and Commercial Litigation – representation on issues related to breach of contract, tortuous interference, breach of warranty, Lemon Law, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) claims and more.
- Employment Law – defense of employers involved in wrongful discharge and other employment claims.
- Civil Appeals – representation of clients in Oklahoma appellate courts, federal circuit courts and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Jennings Teague is regularly retained by international, national and state businesses, insurance companies and corporations to represent their interests in Oklahoma courts and courts in other states. At Jennings Teague, every case, large or small, receives a vigorous defense from attorneys committed to excellence.