Patrick G. Seyferth
Bush Seyferth PLLC
100 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084
Tel: (248) 822-7802
Patrick Seyferth is a co-founder of Bush Seyferth PLLC and a member of BSP’s executive committee. In 2022, Patrick was appointed by Chief Judge Jeffrey S. Sutton to the Advisory Committee on Rules for the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. He also serves as an Executive Board member for the Federal Bar Association (ED of Michigan); a Sustaining Member to the Product Liability Advisory Council; and on the 6th Circuit Life Member Committee. Patrick was recognized in 2019 by Best Lawyers as Troy, Michigan’s Product Liability Lawyer of the Year and was featured in Leading Lawyers Magazine – Michigan Edition 2020.
Patrick has handled catastrophic product liability and commercial cases in 23 states. During the past 25 years, he has gained extensive trial experience, which includes first-chairing complex trials through jury verdict in AZ, MI, OH and TN. Patrick has proudly represented some of America’s best-known companies — such as GM LLC, Ford Motor Company, Pulte, VWGoA, Textile Management, Nissan, and Hyundai — as well as several individuals. He has been recognized for his accomplishments as a federal mediator, lectured nationally on trial advocacy issues and managed BSP’s $1,000,000 plus charitable foundation since 2003.
- Successfully handled automotive diagnostic sensor defect claim in CT re GM LLC truck brought on behalf of quadriplegic driver
- First-chaired AZ jury trial on behalf of automotive manufacturer of a truck involving severe injuries and claim of electronic sensing defect: No cause
- Argued Sixth Circuit appeal in support of District Court’s dismissal in a high-exposure fire case: 3-0 affirmed
- First-chaired TN jury trial on behalf of automotive manufacturer involving TBI injuries in an SUV and claim of restraint defect: No cause
- Argued appeal in Michigan Court of Appeals Complex Div. to uphold defense verdict involving child death product liability case: 3-0 affirmed
- First-chaired AZ jury trial on behalf of automotive manufacturer involving significant injury in a minivan and claim of air bag defect: No cause
- Assisted in highly publicized MI jury trial in product liability involving the death of 7-year-old child: No cause
- Represented injured Plaintiff in MI jury trial that involved near-drowning: $700,000 jury verdict
- Assisted in NY federal jury trial in case involving child death and claim of product defect: Judgment as a matter of law (Published)
- Chambers USA Guide, Product Liability: Automobile (USA – Nationwide) Band 1, Litigation: General Commercial (Michigan) Band 2 (2023)
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Hall of Fame (2023)
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants (Troy, MI: ‘23)
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Top 100, (MI: ‘11-’17, ’20-’22)
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys® (2018)
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (Troy, MI: ‘19)
- U.S. News Best Lawyers ® (‘10-present)
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (‘12 – present), Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants (’21 – present)
- U.S.D.C. Eastern District of Michigan, Certificate of Appreciation, Merit Selection Panel (‘11)
- Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly, Leader In The Law (‘11)
- Michigan Super Lawyers (‘06-present)
- DBusiness Top Lawyers (‘08-’18, ’21-present)
- Martindale Hubbell ® Peer Review Rating of AV
BSP is unique among law firms in that our partners and associates were educated at some of the best law schools in the country, clerked and interned for high-ranking courts and gained their experience at top-tier law firms before joining BSP. The Honorable Raymond M. Kethledge, one of the firm’s founding partners, moved on from BSP when he was honored with an appointment to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in 2008.
Our team’s tireless commitment delivers exceptional litigation results generally associated with larger national firms, while still providing the personal attention and cost efficiency of a smaller firm.