Philip W. Collier
Stites & Harbison, PLLC
400 West Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202-3352
Phil Collier is a Member of the Firm who began practice with Stites & Harbison in 1980, was named partner in 1986 and served as a member of the firm’s Management Committee (2001-2004). He is the former Chair of the firm’s Business Litigation Service Group.
He has more than 31 years of litigation and trial experience, including complex litigation involving manufacturers, communications, investments, financial institutions, insurers and energy/mineral companies.
He has deep experience in business torts, contract disputes, fights arising out of the purchase and sale of companies and their assets, and corporate governance struggles between directors, officers and shareholders.
- Martindale-Hubbell®AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Banking & Finance Litigation and Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation (2006-22)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Louisville Area Lawyer of the Year for Bet-the-Company Litigation (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Louisville Area Lawyer of the Year for Litigation-Banking & Finance (2016)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Louisville Area Lawyer of the Year for Bet-the-Company Litigation (2011)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation (2007-22)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Top 50 Attorneys in Kentucky (2020)
- Chambers USA,“America’s Leading Lawyers for Business,” Litigation: General Commercial (2003-22)
- Benchmark Litigationmagazine, Litigation Star (2010, 2013-22)
- Louisville MagazineTop Lawyer (2014, 2016)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
Managed by the firm’s Chair and a six-person Management Committee, Stites & Harbison represents a broad spectrum of clients including multinational corporations, financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, health care organizations, private companies, nonprofit organizations, family-owned businesses and individuals.
The firm maintains 11 offices across the Southeastern region and is able to service the needs of international clients with its memberships in Business Counsel, Inc. and Lex Mundi. Additionally, Stites & Harbison is a member of The Harmonie Group, the national network of top litigation law firms, and is the Kentucky representative to the prestigious Southern Law Network.