Timila S. Rother
Crowe & Dunlevy
324 North Robinson Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Timila Rother is a trial and litigation attorney at Crowe & Dunlevy. She is the Chair of the firm’s Litigation Department as well as the Chair of the firm’s Insurance Practice Group. She served as the President and CEO of Crowe & Dunlevy from 2016 to 2021 while maintaining a busy litigation practice. She also served five years on the firm’s Executive Committee before being elected President in 2016.
Timila prides herself on navigating tough issues with and for clients in the way that makes the most sense for that client and in that case. With that purpose, she has litigated, resolved and/or tried cases of all sizes and in multiple forums, but is most often handling high-stakes, complex litigation in the commercial and insurance arenas. Her commercial cases include individual and class action cases involving breach of contract, fraud, healthcare billing, consumer complaints and related claims in multiple industries. Her defense work on consumer cases includes claims under the TCPA. Her insurance work focuses on defense of first-party cases involving coverage and “bad faith” litigation in multiple coverage lines, including current work on business interruption claims arising out of the pandemic. She also has substantial experience in environmental and healthcare litigation. In addition to litigation and trial work in federal and state court, Timila regularly handles matters in arbitration and administrative forums. She is a member of the firm’s Litigation & Trial, Insurance, Healthcare and Appellate Practice Groups.
Experienced in ethics and professional liability matters, Timila also currently serves as risk management and claims counsel for the firm. Timila has been consistently selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers for Insurance Law, named a Benchmark Litigation Star in Oklahoma since 2016 and has been ranked by Super Lawyers since 2013 in the areas of business and/or insurance litigation. She has been twice recognized by The Journal Record as a 50 Women Making a Difference honoree and twice selected as one of Oklahoma’s Most Admired CEOs by The Journal Record. She lectures on insurance, ethics, discovery, healthcare and social media topics.
- Maurice H. Merrill Scholarship Recipient (1989 – 1990)
- Vivien McConnell Hood Scholarship Recipient
- University of Oklahoma National Mock Trial Team (1989 – 1990)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Insurance Law, Commercial Litigation (2007 – Present)
- Ranked in Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Health Care, Professional Liability: Defense (2013 – Present)
- Listed in Benchmark Litigation as a Local Litigation Star (2016 – Present)
- Featured in The Journal Record 2022 Power List: Innovative Women
- Successfully obtained dismissal for a Chapter 11 trustee in a bankruptcy case which sought more than $34 million in damages. More.
- Appellate attorneys represented an insurance company in an appeal of a $15 million default judgement issued against the company. The Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals vacated the judgments against the company and remanded for further proceedings. More.
- Represented a brick company sued by another local company for nuisance and trespass and claimed damages in excess of $200,000. The trial lasted two and a half days, and the jury deliberated for only an hour before returning a defense verdict for our client on both claims.
The eleventh annual edition of Benchmark Litigation credits Crowe & Dunlevy as a comprehensive firm where “just north of 65 practitioners maintain their focus on litigation and represent a mix of plaintiffs and defendants in their various legal needs.”
Chambers & Partners, an international legal publisher, highly ranked Crowe & Dunlevy and its litigators in its 2018 Chambers USA Directory. Crowe & Dunlevy was the only firm to be ranked in all Oklahoma areas of legal practice and one of only two firms ranked in the Native American law area of legal practice in Oklahoma. In addition, four attorneys received high rankings in litigation: general commercial.
Eighty-five Crowe & Dunlevy attorneys were selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers 2018. Forty-eight were honored for their litigation practice, which included recognition for banking and finance, bankruptcy, labor and employment, product liability, environmental, commercial, mass tort, ERISA, antitrust, patent, intellectual property, construction, securities and bet-the-company litigation.
“Timila Rother chairs the firm’s litigation department and is noted for her strong trial skills. She can handle an array of commercial disputes, but has particular strength on insurance matters.”